One of our clients had a killer Black Friday campaign that finished yesterday. Here’s the simple funnel we setup:
- Choose a product that has high value
- Discount it lower than ever before & added a free trial to continuity plan
- Create a new landing page to showcase the product. Added a headline about the product, fascinations, testimonials, etc. Only about 2.5 pages of copy in Google Docs when I wrote it.
- Added video client recorded on REASONS WHY the product was important
- Drove previous buyers to the page with language in the emails saying why they needed to check it out. Drove non-buyers to it as well with more general language.
- Drove cold leads from Facebook.
As usual launches tend to be, it was a reverse bell-curve for sales. Big sales on the first and last emails, with long periods of no sales in between.
- Having a hard start/stop time was a big win (for both clients)
- Emails, in order of revenue from each, for previous buyers: 1, 4, 3, 5, 2. The first email we sent had the highest EPC/sales. Email 4 followed.
- 40% of Black Friday buyers had never purchased previously. 60% were return buyers.
- Facebook cold leads had a 0.55% conversion rate to sale and a $2.42 per visit value. Pretty much a wash. Consider this a win, since these are now customers we can sell AGAIN and profit from.
- We rolled in a few dozen into the continuity plan, which means they will rebill monthly. Very curious to see if they’ll stick around or if they’ll cancel.
- Direct mail (offline) for top 10-25% of previous buyers to give them a special coupon. Get them to buy and buy some more.
- Get a more clear product ascension in place, so people can see where they are in their education, and what they need to buy to get to the next level.
- Video testimonials. Need to get them, so we can use them in video ads (retargeting specifically)